Monday, January 22, 2007

What a Wonderful Life.

So this year seems like it is going to be a great year. I'm very excited about youth activties coming up and I'm very excited for Carolina Basketball this year. On November 11, I went to my very first Carolina Basketball game and I will always remember it. It was an exhibition game but I still felt like it was a real game. Even though they won by 39 points it was a very intense game. I was surrounded by 21, 750 of my closest friends. It was probably the greatest feeling ever. I remember sitting 4 rows away from the court as Psycho T(Tyler Hansbrough) came running down the court and dunking the ball like a gorilla. It the best feeling ever sitting in the student section shouting out U-N-C Go Heels Go, as the cheerleaders were cheering. Man what an awesome feeling to just be in a place where everyone loves the same thing and not thinking about stress and my team is better than your team kind of feeling, just having a good time screaming at the top of your lungs as your team makes a 3-pointer or a dunk. Man what a great feeling. Then theres The Fall Retreat my youth group went on in October. Even though I didn't go Rapeling (which I am afraid of heights) I did go caving a.k.a spaulcking. What an experience. It was honestly amazing how wierd the structures were and how pretty but yet scary it was inside the cave. And I have never been so dirty in my entire life. But it was very fun and I would love for everyone to try it. That weekend was so insipiring and I shared some things with the girls of the youth that really brought tears to my eyes. I really hadn't quite connected with the youth until that weekend. I always felt likt there were cliques but that weekend everyone came together and really made it a point to get to know each other and I just feel like we are family and can share anything with each other. I know its hard to believe that putting a bunch of teenagers out in the middle of nowhere to get them to come together sounds crazy but it really worked and now everytime I see the youth I think of that weekend and how much our youth needed to come together and we needed that weekend so much. Another retreat I love that we go on is Winterfest. All I have to say is WOW. This is another weekend of singing, praising the lord and just letting everything out in the open for god to take care of. Its truely on amazing weekend and I look forward to it every single year. If you like singing oh then Winterfest is the place to be. The singing is absolutely AMAZING. I truely brings tears to my eyes just listening to all the teens singing their hearts out to the lord. Its my favorite part of Winterfest. Oh man I could go on forever but all I'm trying to say is that God has truely blessed me with such great christian friends and weekends to praise his name but you should praise him everyday. I just love God so much and I just wish he really knew how much I do and try to live for him everyday. I thank him so much for putting me in a christian home and blessing me with two christian parents who love each other, man I just take it for granted everyday. I just bless him for letting me be the person I am today because I wouldn't change anything about me. I just look at my cousin who have messed up their lives an want to fix it and I just learn from their mistakes and not to rebel and honor my parents. I just think my parents should be honored to have a kid like me not to brag but the pound all this stuff in my head about doing right and they thing it goes in one ear and out the other when really I take it in and listen and want to succed in life. I could just go on for hours abou this but God has truely blessed me with the freedoms I have and blessing me with a Wonderful Life.

No comments: